shortcuts and tips
(page not found, copy/paste/drag, open in editor,
open in new window, send page, save or open option, PDF docs)
in ESOL http://otec.uoregon.edu/esol.htm
- Review resources and discuss ideas and principles
Starter Kit chapters (App. links) and other
News Room with Exercises - http://lc.byuh.edu/CNN-N/CNN-N.html
General Resources - http://literacynet.org/esl/studentlearner.html
CNN for literacy - http://literacynet.org/cnnsf/home.html
APPLICATION OF TECHNOLOGY
a FP cloze form
Word cloze and save in PDF
_List of Projects
- This is a WebQuest (longer and higher reading level - 6-7th?).
It is designed to have students acquire vocabulary as they
understand parts of a computer. The project is to draw a
computer box and label parts by memory.
- This is a introduction tutorial for using Front Page 2000.
Students here have used it and like it.
- I've invented a new template (WebTask) that I believe will
appeal to adults a lot more than some online. A WebTask is a
short segment with instructions on how to complete a simple
task, using technology. If anyone wants to suggest topics, we
are happy to oblige. This particular WebTask is to create a
simple Word Title Page. Written at about 5th--grade reading
level, I would think.
(Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Create a cloze exercise for the Web and save in PDF
- Create a Scavenger Hunt
- Create a WebTask
- Create a Riddle or math problem
- Create a Rubric for one exercise